Friends of Greville Smyth Park (FroGS) is the community organisation that helps to look after Greville Smyth Park and the surround area including Ashton Meadows in partnership with Bristol City Council. We are a non-profit making environmental body which aims to improve and develop the environment and facilities in and around Greville Smyth Park, improve safety and accessibility and encourage more local residents to care for, improve and use the park responsibly.
Our objectives are:
• To encourage and develop support for the park amongst local residents, businesses and organisations;
• To develop a constructive relationship with Bristol City Council to improve the park;
• To improve and develop facilities for children of all ages, including young adults; To develop and encourage sport in the park for all ages;
• To improve and develop the park as a valuable open space and wildlife area, accessible to all;
• To encourage arts and events in the park;
• To improve maintenance in the park, including park furniture;
• To maintain and improve services in the park;
• To encourage responsible use of the park, including by dog owners; and
• To improve publicity of events, issues and activities through park notice boards and other means.
The current FroGS constitution is linked below.